Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Recently Bought: I Was Here by Gayle Foreman

It's finally here! I Was Here by Gayle Foreman was just released today so of course as soon as I finished up with school I made a bee line to Barnes and Noble. It's so thin! Definitely wasn't expecting it to be only 270 pages, but then again I've been reading a lot of fantasy books at the moment and had kind of forgotten that, yes, a book can be under 400 pages and not take forever to finish. Anyways, I couldn't help but do a little impromptu photo shoot with the beautiful new book, so this is the product of that:  

 Gotta love them Polaroid effects :)


 It even looks amazing naked! (sorry, that sounds weird out of context)


and faceless me posing reading


Honestly, this book could not have come out at a more perfect time. If you didn't know, the book is about a girl named Cody whose best friend Meg commits suicide and Cody is determined to find out why. Right now, my best friend and I are trying to unravel the reasons behind the suicide of our friend who killed himself 6 years ago. This seems like one of those books you pick up at just the right time in your life. I'm hoping that reading Cody's story will help me with my own dilemmas.

Are you guys as pumped as I am to start this book? Tell me in the comments if you've picked up I Was Here yet. I hope to have a review of it up soon, and even though I have essays and speeches and whatnot coming up, I don't really have an excuse since it's so short.

Happy reading!
~Kera

No comments:

Post a Comment